SRE Kubernetes Engineer
Seed Innovations is seeking experienced systems and software engineers to join our growing team.
The engineer will push the envelope to deliver high-availability, self-healing systems of systems that operate in the cloud and on premises. We have multiple customers throughout the region interested in efficient, scalable mission solutions that take full advantage of the latest software engineering approaches. Our architecture, Kubernetes, and DevSecOps experience is unparalleled along the Front Range. We take pride in hiring bright minds that aren’t satisfied with the status quo. Help us build better government systems, one customer at a time.
Locations include Colorado Springs, Denver, and Westminster with unclassified and classified opportunities.
Required Skills and Experience
- Eager to learn new technologies and gain expert-level understanding of the latest approaches (auto-scaled cloud-based systems, serverless architectures, cloud/on-premises hybrid solutions)
- Experience with cloud systems and architectures (Amazon AWS, Google Cloud, Microsoft Azure)
- Familiar with microservice architectures (REST, JMS, AMQP)
- Familiar with databases (relational, NoSQL, graph, key-value)
- Experience working in Agile and DevOps environments
- Able to troubleshoot issues to determine root-cause and drive to resolution
- Familiarity with Linux and operating in the shell (Bash scripting, etc)
- Strong oral and written communication skills
Desired Skills and Experience
- Familiar with Air Force, Missile Defense Agency, and other mission areas
- Familiar with satellite operations and command and control ground systems
- Experience with container-orchestration (Kubernetes, OpenShift, ECS, GKE)
- Experience with infrastructure-as-code and automated image creation tools (Terraform, Packer)
- Experience with service meshes (Istio, Envoy, Conduit)
- Bachelors or Masters degree in a related field (Computer Science, Mathematics, etc)
- Top Secret Security Clearance with SCI
We are eager to train the right candidates that may not have cloud systems, Kubernetes, or service mesh experience but possess strong engineering skills and an aptitude for understanding systems.
Seed Innovations is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.